Frequently asked questions
How do I buy a ticket?
A ticket can be bought on our webpage www.smartwings.com, via our callcenter, at the travel agencies and at our information desk at the Prague Airport.
How many baggage can I have / How much is the overweight?
- One piece of cabin baggage (up to 5 kg) with max. dimensions of 56 x 45 x 25 cm and one checked-in baggage (up to 15 kg) are included in the price of the ticket.
- In case of an overweight, a fee of 6 EUR per each 1 kg is charged. The total weight can not exceed 32 kg. In case of a cabin baggage 5 kg can not be exceeded at all.
- Different fees may apply on flights operated by other carriers.
Can I change my reservation?
For a fee a time or a date of the flight can be changed depending on available flights and tariff rules of the ticket.
Can I take an animal with me?
- Animal transportation is only possible after the confirmation from the carrier which has to be requested no less that 3 days prior the departure via our callcenter or at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org The size of the transportation box as well as the weight of the animal with the transportation box are needed.
- A maximum weight of the animal including the box for a cabin transport is 5kg with max. dimensions of 43 x 30 x 27 cm. The price is 60 EUR / 1500 CZK one way.
- A maximum weight of the animal including the box for a cargo bay transport is 32kg. The box must be permeable and large enough for the animal to stand and turn around. The price is 120 EUR / 3000 CZK one way.
Note: Does not apply for Tel Aviv flights.
How much does the sport equipment cost?
The price is 60 EUR / 1500 CZK one way for items up to 15 kg and 120 EUR / 3000 CZK for items 15.1 kg – 32 kg. The transportation is only possible after the confirmation from the carrier which has to be requested no less than 3 days prior the departure via our callcenter or at the email address email@example.com
How does the check-in work?
Passengers can check-in at the airport or online using the internet. The airport check-in opens 2 hours prior the scheduled departure and closes 40 minutes prior the scheduled departure. We recommend to be at the airport at least 1 hour prior the time of the departure. The online check-in is available 30 hours prior the scheduled departure and closes 1 hour prior the scheduled departure. More information about the online check in can be found in section Travel information / Check-in.